Saturday, January 4, 2014

Cold Morning Run!


Another cold day here in Western North Carolina... so cold and icy that the Blue Ridge Parkway is completely closed.  No need to worry if you are willing to park the vehicle and scuttle under the barricade.  After a quarter mile of extra running on the road I was able to access my usual section of sweet singletrack trail for my usual morning run, with the added bonus of running over the beautiful French Broad River.
Upon waking this morning I was not sure I if I wanted to get out of bet at all.  Megan left early for work and shortly after I got up to check the temperature,  22°, and fetch my smartphone.   After reading in bed I decided I should get up and do something.  So with the help from one of my cheater pills, a green tea diet pill that is basically caffeine and ginseng,  I was able to leave the comfortable warmth of my bed and start the day.  After the usual routine I spent an hour or so working out before my run.  Despite the wind chill I had a great run,  once again thanks to the modern technology of miracle fabrics that keep you warm, block wind and help your perspiration evaporate through the fabric.  Great workout and run... makes a happy day!  And contrary to what the scientific studies say about dogs...  (Why dogs circle. ) Abby was facing west!

No comments:

Post a Comment