Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Snow Ride... Finally!

Fresh tracks in the snow!! 
Some of you may know that I Love snow!  One of my biggest losses when I left New York was the snow!  Every year when it actually gets cold here I pray for snow!  I have sweaters that I can only wear once every couple of years because it does not get cold enough, although, I complain about the cold because it is cumbersome to dress appropriately and it hurts the lungs.  But really I feel that if it's going to be cold it might as well snow!  I used to really enjoy skiing and sledding and skitching!   What really annoys me is when the weather forecaster's puff up the forecast and get me all excited for nothing.  The only other thing worse is when we get ice instead of snow and we are crippled.

So today it finally snowed!  The weather forecaster's made such a big deal out of it that many have been calling it snowmageddon or the snowpocalypse.   By 2pm  it was still not doing anything and I was cursing the talking heads as usual.  So some friends and I decided to risk our lives and have some fun riding our bikes in Bent Creek;  no, not fat bikes!  We Had a blast! And 3/4 of the way through our ride the snow actually started to amount to something.   We finished the ride at Gabe's house and spent some time warming up in his shed around his kerosene heater drinking home brew and cinnamon whiskey.   Greg gave me a ride home in his 4wd pickup so I could stay warm, avoid the salt on the roads, and play in the snow with Megan and Abby before dark.  Once home Megan and I took Abby for a walk. Abby really likes the snow and had a great time along with us.  As I sit here and type I think we have six inches of snow and still going.  I am really excited to go out and play in snow again! I absolutely love it when it snows! Just wish I still had that sand barrel cover that I used to go sledding with!
My riding buddies striking a pose!

No comments:

Post a Comment